” Wonderful relaxing stay! Our family absolutely loved our stay at Finca Luna Nueva Lodge. Not only were the staff extremely helpful in booking tours for us, we loved the knowledge about organic gardening, soil regeneration, and medicinal, healing plants that was shared on the complimentary organic farm tour by Steve. We also learned about how chocolate is made by Ismael, which was a highlight for our kids. The grounds on this property are beautiful, full of trails to enjoy the scenery. Our rustic, yet very clean room had an amazing view of the rain forest and we enjoyed relaxing on the hammock and watching the birds. The food was delicious and our family loved the quality of ingredients, most of which was grown on the farm itself. The hotel models green practices and is very environmentally friendly. I just wished we could have stayed longer! Thank you so much for a most enjoyable stay!”
Rhonda Sader. Trip Advisor 2016.
“Finca Luna Nueva Lodge was the best place to stay on our recent trip to Costa Rica. It was a truly unique experience. We saw more wildlife while staying there than on our trip to renowned Costa Rican parks. The sloth was just there in a tree 50 m from our cottage. The food was fantastic, also Finca Luna Nueva lodge had the best of all the restaurants we visited on our trip. Ingredients are organic and come from the farm. Do take a (free) tour of the farm while you are there. The swimming pool was large and very clean. People, including the owner Steve, were friendly and very very knowledgeable. The guides (Ismael and others) were real experts. We made a mistake and continued travelling further, we should have stayed longer than two nights at this lodge. Our 11-year old daughter adored this place, it is very good for children. There is table tennis and table football in the shade. They even supply boots for walks. Do linger here and take in the beauty of this place.”
London Tara. Trip Advisor 2016.
“Our stay at Finca Luna Nueva Lodge was amazing, and I plan to stay there any time I am in the area. The location was perfectly central to do a lot of activities, but removed from more crowded areas and very relaxing. The rooms were lovely and spacious and the bed was super comfortable. The food was fresh and amazing. The tours offered were awesome – I have taken a lot of chocolate tours, but had never MADE chocolate before. It was so fun! Everyone at Finca Luna Nueva is so friendly and helpful – there’s not one bad thing I could say about it. We have traveled all over the world, and Luna Nueva is one of the most special places on the planet. The land speaks to you, the staff treats you like family, and the international community of guests inspires our own True Nature. It is always a gift to visit Luna Nueva and know that this gem is always there for us to return too.”
Liz K. Trip Advisor 2016.
“A Hidden Paradise” For us, Finca Luna Nueva was a paradise! We spent 5 unforgettable days there with our 2 college age sons. We had 2 rooms on the second floor of Casa Luna, where we enjoyed the view of the grounds and the sights and sounds of the rain forest from comfy chairs and hammocks on the large wrap-around second floor terrace. We loved the food, the people, and the incredible surroundings. We took advantage of as many tours as we could (chocolate making, farm tour, night crawlers tour, bird watching). The staff was exceptionally responsive and knowledgable. They even coordinated all of our adventures in La Fortuna (we’d recommend the rain forest zip line, Arenal hike, and river rafting safari). We would go back to Finca Luna Nueva in a heartbeat.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Trip Advisor 2016.
PUBLISHED REVIEWS OF LUNA NUEVA
- 10 Best Eco Lodges in Costa Rica that you can Actually Afford. Culture Trip
- Top 10 Affordable Ecolodges in Costa Rica. The Guardian
- THE 10 BEST ECOLODGES IN COSTA RICA Rough Guide
- The Magazine – Southwest Airlines, Oct. 2015 – Be One With Nature at These Ecolodges
- Finca Luna Nueva on Anywhere Costa Rica
- Luna Nueva Blog — Our online journal written by members of the Luna Nueva team providing regular information on events, activities, experiences and more.
- Sacred Seeds – The Secret To The World’s Health Future. An interesting article from Huffington Post on the Sacred Seeds Sanctuary by acclaimed nutritionist Ashley Koff after a recent visit to Finca Luna Nueva Lodge.
- Discovering Nature’s Diversity in Costa Rica
- El Financiero Feature — Una cita orgánica y vegetariana
- Change Your Scenery by Alyssa DeButts
- Pioneers in Biodynamics in Costa Rica by Karen Davis – Brown
- An Enlightening Farmstay Deep in the Costa Rican Rainforest. The Cultureist