You’ll do a peaceful boat ride through the Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge — an area unsurpassed in natural beauty – wildlife guaranteed!
Your tour to the Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge includes a picturesque boat ride along the Río Frío, one of Costa Rica’s biologically-diverse areas. This is a birdwatcher’s paradise! There are thousands of migratory and resident birds (such as Anhingas, Wood Storks, Roseate Spoonbills, Cormorants and much more!) Plus three different species of monkeys (howlers, spider and white-faced monkeys), and lots of other wildlife like caimans, turtles, iguanas and sloths.
Your boat captain will be awaiting you. The boat is a comfortable covered, motorized boat and the river tour takes about 3 hours. Your guide with his eagle eyes (and binoculars!) will point out things along the way and narrate this interesting river adventure.
- Departure / Return at Luna: Schedule with our Guide.
- Duration: 8 hours
- Recommended ages: 6 to 85 years old.
- Rate: $89, please inquire for extra transportation costs at the reception.
- What to bring: Comfortable, warm-weather clothing, camera, binoculars, sunscreen and bug spray. We then travel about 1.5 hours close to the Nicaraguan border to Los Chiles.
- Includes: Transport, lunch, covered boat, naturalist guide.