ARE YOU READY TO GO BIG! ?
Canyoneering is a brand new sport that is becoming very popular the world over. The rugged and mountainous terrain near the Arenal Volcano is ideal for canyoneering. Combine rappelling, down climbing, and river tracing through the breathtaking waterfalls hidden in our Lost Canyon!
The Lost Canyon Adventure is an experience of a lifetime – go where very few have had the privilege to roam! Imagine yourself in the midst of thick rainforest at the top of a magical canyon full of tropical waterfalls with surprises each step of the way.
You’ve probably heard about Costa Rica’s famous bumpy backroads – start off by doing a fun 4×4 off-road adventure on the “Jungle Limos” as you head about 15 minutes into a quiet mountainside community.
Prepare to get wet! Your guides will give you a thorough safety talk about important rappelling & down-climbing techniques. You’ll get high-quality technical climbing gear such as a harness, helmet, gloves and you’ll get to practice your first descent on a small, 150-ft waterfall. Take a deep breath! There you are, on a sturdy platform looking down into the depths of a 150-ft massive tropical waterfall. You’ll rappel down for the thrill of a lifetime! Make your way along the river by down-climbing and rappelling a series of 6 waterfalls that get gradually bigger and … BIGGER!
WE SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST!
The biggest and most-exciting waterfall is your last descent… you’ll finish with a fun 200ft-guided-rappel! The hike back up takes about 10 minutes, but take your time to enjoy the intense rainforest that surrounds you. At the top, you’ll arrive to our Canyon Café where you can change into your dry clothes and then sit down to your best meal in Costa Rica!
- No experience needed — just a good sense of adventure!
- Departure at Luna: 6:50 am, 9:20 am, 12:20 pm
- Arrival at Luna: approximately 11:50 am, 2:20 pm, 5:20 pm
- Duration: approximately 5 hours
- Recommended ages: For ages 13-65 years in good physical condition.
- Rate: $99 per person, please inquire for extra transportation costs at the reception.
- What to bring: Clothes to get wet in, change of clothes, secure shoes and a big smile.
- Includes: Delicious homecooked meal, towel, professional guides who love what they do, and lots of adventure.
A photographer will be on each tour. Should you wish to buy the pictures and received them through your email, they cost $25.