Hola Eco-adventurer and guest,
We are closely monitoring the best health safety measures from the Costa Rican health department, the CDC and WHO, and have created this dedicated page to keep you informed, and educated along with us.
When travel restrictions are lifted, and you resume your travel plans, you can rest assured knowing about our cleanliness standards to provide for the health, well being and relaxation of all.
Our lodge is currently closed and we will resume our activity on April 15th. We are following the Costa Rican Government’s quarantine measurements. If you need to contact us please send an email and we will respond as soon as we get back. If it’s an emergency, please email our General Manager Kimberly Farrell at [email protected]
We hope that all of you are safe and we send you all our rainforest vibes! Pura Vida!
What is Finca Luna Nueva doing at the moment?
Even though we have no guests we are still:
- Sanitizing our spaces twice daily.
- Bathrooms are being supervised constantly to always have soap and paper towels available.
- Our staff is informed to wash hands and keep the working areas clean at all times.
What should I do when I’m visiting?
If the Coronavirus is still a thing when you visit please:
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds (sing Happy Birthday 2 times) regularly during the day.
- When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – discard tissue immediately into a closed bin.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
It is extremely important that you wash your hands as soon as you arrive from the airport or other locations. We will be happy to wash your traveling clothes at no cost.
As precautions, we have hand sanitizers positioned at the front desk and in every room.
In the event that there is a case at the hotel, how will Finca Luna Nueva address the situation?
- We have designated a coordinator at the hotel who will be the person in charge in the event a guest or staff is suspected to have the virus.
- We will work closely with the medical institutions in our area to follow their indications. They will send a specialist to evaluate the person or we will provide transportation to the medical center.
- We will designate a special room for that person, far away from the other guests.
- We will provide all other guests and staff with face masks as prevention.
What does the Costa Rican Government has to say about Coronavirus COVID-19? Click on the following button to learn more…
What does the U.S Government say?
And the World Health Organization?
If there is any important information that we need to share with you, we will keep you informed.
As of today March 23rd 2020, in Costa Rica there are 158 confirmed cases, only two of these are in our area. Staying hopeful that these numbers won’t increase dramatically. We are protecting our staff and we hope this soon will be under control around the world. Keeping the Pura Vida spirit!
Speaking of Pura Vida spirit, if you cancelled your reservation with us, we encourage to postpone your dates, we are sure you are all awhare of the economic crisis in the tourism area, and this would be so helpful for us. Thank you!!
We look forward to your visit, and the rainforest is still beautiful and peaceful.