Hola Eco-adventurer and guest,
We are closely monitoring the best health safety measures from the Costa Rican health department, the CDC and WHO, and have created this dedicated page to keep you informed, and educated along with us.
When travel restrictions are lifted, and you resume your travel plans, you can rest assured knowing about our cleanliness standards to provide for the health, well being, and relaxation of all.
Open-air spaces significantly limit the flow of virus particles and their lifetime on natural material surfaces. So Finca Luna Nueva offers a great environment to feel safe and enjoy your vacation.
Our lodge is now open!
We hope that all of you are safe and we send you all our rainforest vibes! Pura Vida!
We have created a cleanliness team, to ensure the hygiene practices are being kept every day. The trained team will take rounds to check each area and monitor all checklists.
What should I do when I’m visiting?
- Wash your hands for 30 seconds (sing Happy Birthday 2 times) regularly during the day.
- Disinfect your shoes at the designated station.
- Hand your luggage to our designated luggage disinfecting area.
- Practice social distancing (6 feet).
- When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – discard tissue immediately into a closed bin
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Facemasks will be required in common areas.
It is extremely important that you wash your hands as soon as you arrive from the airport or other locations.
As precautions, we have hand sanitizers positioned at the front desk, common areas, and in every room.
- Only one person per family will be allowed at Check-In.
- We will have a waiting area designated for the other members of the family.
- A glass visor will be placed on the front desk counter for protection.
- Check-In Information will be sent to you via email, we will only gather your signature for billing purposes.
- The pen that you use for signing will be disinfected before and after your use.
- The room key will be disinfected in front of you.
- Cash will not be allowed only credit/debit cards.
- Our staff will use facemasks when addressing you.
- The temperature of all guests will be taken daily.
- You will be asked to wash your hands before entering the front desk area.
- All front desk surfaces and equipment will be disinfected frequently.
- Whatsapp will be used to make reservations for tours, spa, and other activities.
- There will be a cleaning station for:
- To ensure safety and limit the contact between guests and staff, we will provide housekeeping every other day. Unless requested otherwise.
- Guests will also choose the frequency of washing linens and towels (as a regenerative lodge we will encourage the mindfulness of the environmental impact, but we also want you to feel safe).
- Our housekeeping staff will use facemasks and gloves when cleaning your room and other public areas.
- Public areas will be cleaned frequently.
- There is a laundry basket in each room with a plastic bag, please place your clothes in the bag and we will take care of washing them and bringing it back to your room.
- You will find our laundry pricing in the basket.
- If you are allergic to any type of chemical that can be found in disinfecting products please let us know.
- Please wash your hands when entering the restaurant area.
- Our staff will be wearing facemasks at all times.
- Our restaurant will comply with social distancing requirements.
- A digital menu will be sent to you, make sure to make an appointment for your meals.
- We will no longer offer a buffet style.
- Each table will have a green sign when it has been disinfected. Or a red sign if it’s yet to be cleaned.
- The restaurant will be cleaned thoroughly after each use of the space.
Pool & Jacuzzi Area
- Our pool lounge area will be accommodated to meet the social distancing requirements, please do not move the furniture.
- Practice social distancing with other guests.
- If you would like a smoothie, please visit our bar area to order your favorite drink. Or our staff will approach you briefly to take your order.
- We will disinfect the pool and jacuzzi area frequently.
- Please wash your hands when entering the spa area.
- Our masseuse will wash her hands as well and she will be wearing a facemask.
- The spa area will be cleaned and disinfected before and after each use.
- We will change linens and towels after each use.
- Your spa services will be managed by a reservations system so we can ensure the optimal procedures before and after your appointment.
- Please wash your hands before each tour. There is sampling during the tour so we want to make sure your hands remain clean.
- Facemask will be required for every tour.
- We kindly ask letting us know your shoe size in advance so we can clean and disinfect your rubber boots and walking stick.
- Bring your own water bottle.
- The naturalist guide will wear a facemask at all times. And gloves when he shares edible samples.
- Our ranchos throughout the farm will be cleaned and disinfected before and after tours.
- We will work with a maximum of 6 guests per tour so we can allow social distancing.
- Off-site tours: Until we can ensure that tour operators can provide a safe environment or the destinations of tours are safe (hygienic and operating for COVID) we will not offer those tours.
- Please make a reservation to use the yoga pavilion.
- Please wash your hands before entering the yoga pavilion.
- The yoga pavilion will be cleaned and disinfected every morning and after every use.
- All props will be acquired with a digital form, so we can ensure the cleanliness of the equipment required.
- Yoga mats and other props will be cleaned and disinfected by our staff after every use.
- We will also have spray bottles with alcohol that you can use to disinfect your own props.
- We will ensure the cleanliness of the bathrooms at the yoga pavilion as well.
- Public areas will be cleaned and disinfected frequently.
- We will have antibacterial gel in all public areas.
- For filling your water bottles, our wait staff will be happy to help you.
- We will ensure plenty of soap next to each washing location.
- Public bathrooms will be cleaned and disinfected frequently.
- Staff will be fully vaccinated by December 2021.
- Our staff is advised not to come to work if they are not feeling well.
- We will be taking their temperature before each shift.
- Staff will have to wash hands at least every hour.
- Staff will maintain social distancing between them and our guests.
- Every working area will be disinfected every hour.
- We have strict procedures for our providers.
- Facemasks will be required
- Uniforms have to be extra clean
- Our staff will be properly trained before offering services to our guests.
In the event that there is a case at the hotel, how will Finca Luna Nueva address the situation?
- We have designated a coordinator at the hotel who will be the person in charge in the event a guest or staff is suspected to have the virus.
- We will work closely with the medical institutions in our area to follow their indications. They will send a specialist to evaluate the person or we will provide transportation to the medical center.
- We will designate a special room for that person, far away from the other guests.
- We will provide all other guests and staff with face masks as prevention.
What does the Costa Rican Government have to say about Coronavirus COVID-19? Click on the following button to learn more…
What does the U.S Government say?
And the World Health Organization?
If there is any important information that we need to share with you, we will keep you informed. And we are open to feedback from our dear guests. This is a learning time for all of us and we want to make sure we are meeting all your needs.
We look forward to your visit, and the rainforest is still beautiful and peaceful.