This is the quintessential Arenal Volcano tour to do when you’re in La Fortuna!
We will hike along the trails of the Arenal National Park. Along the way we will enter the tropical rainforest and areas which were once devastated by the fury of the volcano explosion of 1968. During the hike, it is possible to see a great variety of flora and fauna characteristic of the area while you walk through the lava fields of 1992. On clear days you will have a magnificent view of the impressive Arenal Volcano, the Arenal Lagoon, and the extinct volcano Cerro Chato.
Your naturalist guide will provide important and interesting information about the main characteristics of the volcano, active since 1968, and many more important details of everything you will encounter alongside the trail. As an added attraction you can purchase an entrance to one of the hot springs. We will drop you there after the tour, so you can relax and we’ll pick you up a couple of hours later to take you back to your hotel.
- Departure / Return at Luna: Schedule with our Guide.
- Duration: 4 hours approximately
- Recommended ages: 6-65 years old.
- Rate: $58, please inquire for extra transportation costs at the reception.
- What to bring: Hiking shoes, comfortable clothing, raincoat and repellent.
- Includes: Park entrance, certified nature guide and beverages.