This completely relaxing float trip takes you on the beautiful Río Peñas Blancas where you’re bound to spot tropical birds such as oropenolas, toucans, kingfishers, as well as, monkeys, poison dart frogs, caimans, and more! This serene river is only 30 minutes from La Fortuna and blessed with wildlife. You’ll drive with your guide to the entrance of the river and board an inflatable raft along the banks of the Peñas Blancas river. Your guide will do all the work and paddle along this easy-going river, pointing out the Costa Rican wildlife along the way. Bring your camera and binoculars – you won’t want to miss out! Just enjoy the ride. You’ll then finish up your Safari Float with a fresh, tropical fruit break and return to your hotel. This half-day Safari Float tour near the Arenal Volcano is ideal for children, birders and anyone interested in Costa Rican birds and wildlife. One of the nicest features of this tour is that it is very camera friendly – there’s no chance of capsizing so your camera gear should be completely secure.
Enjoy the ride.
- Departure at Luna: 7:00 am, 1:00 pm
- Arrival at Luna: approximately 12:20 pm, 5:20 pm
- Duration: approximately 4 hours
- Recommended ages: For nature lovers 6-75 years old.
- Rate: $69 per person, please inquire for extra transportation costs at the reception.
- What to bring: Secure shoes or sandals, change of clothes, sunscreen, camera & big smile.
- Includes: Entrance fees, fruit fiesta snack, beverages, safety equipment and professional bilingual guides.