“I am a repeat visitor to Finca Luna Nueva Lodge and hope to keep coming back for many years to come. Finca Luna Nueva is a little slice of heaven and is a perfect escape for retreat groups, solo travelers, couples and families. In addition to being a beautiful lodge with a delicious restaurant, stunning bar and lounge area, and chemical-free pool and hot tub, it is also a working biodynamic farm. Each guest of Finca is treated to a tour of the farm, where you can learn about biodynamic agriculture and native plants, and see how deeply the staff cares for the environment. Much of the food served in the restaurant is grown on their farm, and is completely free of pesticides, chemicals and preservatives. Finca Luna Nueva borders the Children’s Eternal Rainforest, so there are beautiful rainforest trails on the property that guests can explore for free. Guided tours are also available, with topics ranging from medicinal plants to birdwatching to chocolate making and night hikes. Hundreds of beautiful bird and plant species can be found at Finca, so it is a perfect place for nature lovers. Many excursions can be arranged to explore the surrounding area. The staff at Finca Luna Nueva are so lovely. They are friendly and knowledgeable and do their best to make their guests feel welcome. I couldn’t recommend Finca Luna Nueva enough!”
Caribo U. Trip Advisor 2019.
“It is always a pleasant surprise when a hotel exceeds your expectations. The property is beautiful, the staff is friendly and informative, and the restaurant is delicious. When people say you have to take the farm tour…they aren’t kidding. Big shout out to Byron in the restaurant for his friendly service and making the most delicious turmeric drink (Golden Milk!). I highly recommend staying at the property. All their recommendations were on point. We took a raft trip they recommended and it was great too. Stay there, you won’t be disappointed!”
Julia H. Trip Advisor 2019.
“I just returned from a fabulous stay at Finca Luna Nueva. My parents and I were visiting my daughter at the nearby Texas A&M Soltis Center. The staff could not have been more friendly and knowledgeable. We went on several tours at Finca including the birding tour, the farm tour and the night hike. Roy was a wonderful guide and has an amazing ability to spot wildlife. We saw sloths, toucans, frogs and so much more! The chocolate tour with Carlos was so fun, and we got to make our own chocolate bars! Egenia and Danny helped us book tours off site and found us some great hiking and river experiences. The food was amazing and came straight from the farm. The wait staff, specifically Byron and Ariel, were very attentive and provided excellent service. The owners of Finca Luna, Tom and Steve, were very involved and welcoming to us. My parents were both science teachers and truly enjoyed the discussions on regenerative farming and composting methods. We also loved the pool, hot tub and spa (Kinga gives a great massage). I highly recommend this lodge to anyone looking for a true Costa Rican experience.”
Henry. Trip Advisor 2019.
PUBLISHED REVIEWS OF LUNA NUEVA
- 10 Best Eco Lodges in Costa Rica that you can Actually Afford. Culture Trip
- Top 10 Affordable Ecolodges in Costa Rica. The Guardian
- THE 10 BEST ECOLODGES IN COSTA RICA Rough Guide
- The Magazine – Southwest Airlines, Oct. 2015 – Be One With Nature at These Ecolodges
- Finca Luna Nueva on Anywhere Costa Rica
- Luna Nueva Blog — Our online journal written by members of the Luna Nueva team providing regular information on events, activities, experiences and more.
- Sacred Seeds – The Secret To The World’s Health Future. An interesting article from Huffington Post on the Sacred Seeds Sanctuary by acclaimed nutritionist Ashley Koff after a recent visit to Finca Luna Nueva Lodge.
- Discovering Nature’s Diversity in Costa Rica
- El Financiero Feature — Una cita orgánica y vegetariana
- Change Your Scenery by Alyssa DeButts
- Pioneers in Biodynamics in Costa Rica by Karen Davis – Brown
- An Enlightening Farmstay Deep in the Costa Rican Rainforest. The Cultureist