We’ll take a moderate level guided ride near the base of Volcano Arenal and along Lake Arenal. Get excellent views of volcano and surrounding jungle and farmlands. We pick you up at your hotel and head out to the starting point on an old road connecting Arenal Dam with the main entrance to Arenal Volcano National Park. Your guide will get you set up with your suspension bike, helmet and gloves, go over the safety talk and then we take off on a very scenic, easy-going ride.
You’ll be traveling a distance of about 12 to 26 kms (8 to 16 miles) and gain about 85 mts (280 ft) on secondary gravel roads. This ride takes us from the small Costa Rican town of El Castillo. Along the ride we’re always on the lookout for howler monkeys, exotic, tropical birds like toucans, oropendulas and kingfishers.
We’ll stop for a snack along the banks of Lake Arenal.
- Departure at Luna: 7:30 am, 12:30 pm.
- Arrival at Luna: approximately 12:30 pm, 5:30 pm.
- Duration: approximately 4 hours
- Difficulty: Beginner to Intermediate.
- Recommended ages:10-65 years old.
- Rate: $85 per person, please inquire for extra transportation costs at the reception.
- 4% Obligatory Tax will be added starting July 1st, 2021
- What to bring: Clothes to get wet in, change of clothes, secure shoes, sunscreen, towel and a big smile.
- Includes: Fruit snack, drinks, brand-name, professional suspension mountain bikes, gloves, helmets, bike guide, water break.
- Ask reception for higher levels of difficulty